Thursday, March 8, 2012

Well holy shit...

It's been forever. I honestly for a minute forgot I even had a blog. Silly me. Anyways, I should probably start using this again since when I did I was in a better mood because I wasn't bottling anything up and bitching about it here. So I'm going to. Hmm. What's happened? Well I got Fallout 3 to work on my laptop, after spending many hours in Google Hell trying to find a solution. Turns out all I needed was this special file thingy to put in the game's program directory and poof! It tricked the game into thinking my computer is running an Nvidia G-whatever video card, and now I'm free to roam the wily Wasteland at my leisure. Though now I have the problem of not being able to play my Broken Steel add-on. I mean, I did before after I bought it from the Games for Windows Live Marketplace (since that was the only place I could find that was selling it on direct download), and my game continued past the showdown at Project Purity, and I already completed two quests from Broken Steel. Then I took my laptop to my grandpa's house which has no WiFi connection so I couldn't access G4WL, so I couldn't access Broken Steel. However it still let me play my saved Broken Steel game offline, but I couldn't do any quests. I thought that was understandable, but then I got home where I do have WiFi and tried to play, connected to G4WL and everything, and still the quests don't show up. It says Broken Steel is loaded and installed and whatever, I followed the advice of the Fallout Wiki and put the Broken Steel BSA and ESP/ESM files in my Fallout 3/Data directory as a means to play the full content of Broken Steel while offline, but to no avail. I have no idea. I might have to start over. Which doesn't bother me, I could play this game all day. And I have.

I taught myself all of this, this technical shit. I've taught myself a lot of things, which I think is a good thing to have experience and be knowledgeable about many things. Some would disagree, saying that "a jack of all trades is a master of nothing". Yeah well, I can still do more things than you. I'd rather be a Swiss army knife than a one-trick pony.

No comments:

Post a Comment