Monday, February 20, 2012

Kids these days...

I remember being in elementary school, and how momentous an occasion it was when someone's parents brought them McDonald's or any other kind of fast food for lunch. If you were fortunate enough to be graced by the fat gods, you were seen as one of the chosen among your little tribe of schoolchildren. Everyone flocked to your table, wanting a french fry, chicken nugget, or sometimes half your cheeseburger if they were particularly bold. You pretty much held celebrity status for the day, at least until someone did a back flip on the swings at recess.

Little kid culture is funny. The simplest of things are groundbreaking moments in history to them, and it's refreshing. Getting McDonald's brought to you at school, doing a back flip on the swings, having the 72 count box of Crayolas with the crayon sharpener on the back; THAT was living. Teenagers on the other hand are just assholes, well most of them anyway. They only care about money, shoes, pot, or sex. They're always on about, "My boyfriend this, my vagina that" text text text, "Tiffany's a bitch, dude I'm so stoned" text text text. In other words, they're boring and hormonal, and really no fun to be around. MOST of them anyway. I have met some teenagers that don't piss me off in some way, but they're very few. I mean holy shit, their entire lives are drama, most of them have NO sense of humor, they're all trying to be "grown up" and they "hate being patronized". You're patronizing yourself by being an immature dick wad. Even most young adults my age have no sense of humor, it's frustrating. You can't say anything without them being offended in some way, they're all so damn sensitive. I used to be sensitive, then I got over it, and stopped taking myself and others so seriously unless I need to. It saves a lot of time and sanity, trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment