Tuesday, January 17, 2012

All my friends are strangers...

Sometimes during my break at work, people will just come up and talk to me. As much as I complain about some of the ridiculous and rude customers we get, most of the time I have the good fortune of personally speaking with cool and interesting people. I met this guy tonight, Christian is his name. Not to be confused with the Christian I already know. He saw me wrapping my sandalwood mala back around my wrist after a surprise corporate inspection, and inquired about it. We had a pretty great conversation; religion, society, acceptance of others, respect for all. This random conversation with Christian tonight reminded me how much I love learning about others, hearing their stories and such. Not just the usual "others" like celebrities and such, but just everyday people. Everyone has a story, everyone has their own world inside them, and I'm fascinated by it. I don't know, I guess this would go hand in hand with my previous post about getting out and exploring more, I'll get to meet all kinds of people. As shy and socially reclusive as I tend to be, I really do enjoy listening and talking to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment