Sunday, January 22, 2012

Already 57 views?! JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR!!

I'm flattered, truly. I have not posted anything in a couple of days, anything good anyway, as my time, love, and attention has been devoted mostly to the Sims 3 lately. School and work as well, but mostly the Sims 3. And the beautiful people I create on that game...the absolutely fucking pretty beings I spend like 3-4 hours making. The time and effort is worth it. I'm so vain when it comes to video games. In the real world I really could care less what you look like, I look like a damn crazy bohemian gypsy so who am I to judge? Anyways, video games are a different story. If the game allows me creative liberty over my character's appearance, then I shall take full advantage of it...for hours. I just cannot play until they are absolutely STUNNING. I'm not sure why. The other things is whenever I create a male character, they always end up resembling either Johnny Depp or Jackson Rathbone, more so Johnny Depp though. It makes sense though, the man is my hero. For real. Everyone who knows me pretty much knows this. So much that I'm honestly considering getting the acronym "WWJDD?" tattooed on my wrist, standing for "What Would Johnny Depp Do?". At first it started out as a little joke, but now I feel that it's truly a concept worth applying to one's life. Johnny's incredibly wise, despite the very little credit he gives himself, and ever since I was about 12 he's been one of  the biggest (if not the biggest) influences on my life, as well as one of the top people I feel like I can relate to the most in many respects. During his "Inside the Actor's Studio" interview, a student in the audience asked him for advice on dealing with the world of show business, and he recounted a story in which his mom imparted some advice to him when he was little and another kid was bullying him at school. She told him that if the kid puts his hands on him, she wanted him to "take the nearest rock and lay him out". "And I did", Johnny admitted. This advice stuck with him throughout his life, not as a literal application like the first time, but as a general application on dealing with show business and life. His advice was this: "Never let anyone put their hands on you". To me it meant to not loose who you are for anyone, and don't let anyone change you. I'd already had the utmost admiration and respect for him before watching the interview, but this bit of advice probably did more for my personal well-being than any I'd been given in my life. He basically helped me realize that loosing who I am is not worth someone liking or accepting me. That's the message I'd taken from it. So thanks, Johnny. You've helped me more than you'll ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment