Thursday, January 26, 2012

My First Presidential Election...

I just realized that this year's will be the first presidential election I've ever voted in. I just missed 2009, I was 17 at the time. Some people may be against voting with their whole "I doesn't matter, it doesn't count" blah blah blah, and even more so this year because it's 2012 and Quetzalcoatl is going to devour our souls and Jesus is going to Rapture myself and my fellow Christians back to Heaven, and why should we even vote, cliche apocalyptic humor, blah blah blah. If I have learned anything about humans in my two decades of life so far, it is that they are sensationalist fiends with a horrible thirst for catastrophe. Humanity will ALWAYS find something to freak out about, no matter how unfounded or ridiculous the reasons they base their claims upon.

Anyways, this is my first presidential election, and really I'm a little excited. I'm also a little scared that in a fit of sarcasm I'll write in "Lady Gaga" in the blank space on the ballot and mark the circle. My political science teacher made such a big mistake in giving me that information, that there's a blank space on any ballot reserved for voters to write in anyone's name they choose, regardless if they've campaigned or not, and if they get enough votes they're elected to that office. At least they're anonymous. Okay here's the real deal now, before you political coyotes give me a lecture tracheotomy about how I shouldn't be so careless as I have a civic duty (we all know how I feel about civic duty) to myself and my countrymen to be a responsible and informed citizen and I shouldn't make such jokes...

First rule of Fight Club: Don't take me seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment